Instructions on how to join the Continental Line Web Ring:
1) First, click here to go to the Continental Line Web Ring Registration Page and submit your site information.
2) After being notified by e-mail of your submission acceptance and "Site ID", click here to view the HTML fragment When you click, a new page will open in a new browser window that contains the lines of code that you will need to add to your home page. Either save this new page as a file on your local hard drive by using the Save As function of your browser, or open the new page in a new browser window and then from the browser's 'View' menu, click 'Source'. Then save the contents of this window as a text file.
3) Now, open this new saved file (.htm or .txt) using your favorite text (notepad) editor. With the 'Search' or 'Find' options of your text editor, locate all occurrences of the phrase "id=", excluding the quotes. Replace the number that immediately follows this search phrase (the number is "1" in this originally saved sample text file) with the Site ID number received in your e-mail notification (from previous step). Again, using the 'Search' or 'Find' options of your text editor, locate the phrase "mailto:", excluding the quotes. Replace the e-mail address "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your own and change "Your Name Here" to your name. Save these changes.
4) Then, copy all the lines of code (the entire text file) and paste them into your HTML page. Your newly created home page should be saved, posted, and have working Continental Line Web Ring code embedded in it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to ensure the Continental Line Web Ring remains unbroken, the HTML fragment must be located on your home page.
5) Next, notify me via E-Mail, and I will include you in The Continental Line Web Ring.
6) You are now a member... Happy Marching!